SERVING YOU SAFELY
We are open and can't wait to see you.
Over the last several months, we have worked diligently to prepare our facilities while putting your safety first. We are currently operating at limited capacity (as required by the state) and following all local, state and national guidelines.
Hours vary by branch. View locations here.
We are keeping our members’ and staff’s health and safety at the forefront. For more details, please review the below information, and check back here often for updates.
What to Expect and How You Can Help
- Most importantly, if you are not feeling well or have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, please stay home! Help us keep our Y communities safe and healthy.
- Face coverings are required at all times, including during exercise (as required by the governor's latest executive order).
- Please review our member expectations by clicking here.
- Members will be asked to sign an updated waiver before participating in any Y offerings. Waivers can be found here.
- Rigorous cleaning protocols will continue throughout the facilities based upon CDC recommendations.
- For your convenience, physical distancing guidelines will be highlighted via signage. Members and staff will be required to follow these guidelines.
- All team members, members and vendors who are unwilling to comply with the Y’s COVID transmission prevention measures will be asked to leave the Y.
- Guests may be allowed on a limited capacity, pending branch capacity.
- At this time, we are only allowing nationwide members from North Carolina and southern Virginia.
- We will be conducting wellness and temperature checks of all who enter the facility. Members will be screened for COVID-19 exposure and/or symptoms prior to entering the Y. These questions include:
- Have you had close contact (within 6 feet for at least 10 minutes) in the last 14 days with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, or has any health department been in contact with you and advised you to quarantine?
- In the last 72 hours, have you had a fever or felt feverish, had any muscle aches, chills, or respiratory symptoms, including runny nose, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath; or developed a new loss of taste or smell?
- Is your temperature 100.4 degrees or above?
Activities, Programs and Services
Group exercise (outside and indoors with limited capacity), swimming, select sports, childcare programs and more are currently being offered, based on state guidelines. Other activities will be phased in as state guidance allows.
Locker rooms will be open at all facilities for those who need them. They will be cleaned multiple times each day, following all state guidelines.
- Facilities are open for indoor exercise. Hours vary by branch location.
- Individuals will be limited to 75 minutes of exercise time indoors, and we will operate at limited capacity, per state guidelines.
- Reservations are not required for indoor fitness.
- Drop-in childcare or drop-in basketball play are not yet available.
- Locker rooms will be available for changing if needed.
Group Exercise & Fitness Stations
- All classes will be reservation only. Register on our group exercise page.
- Classes will run at a reduced capacity to support physical distancing guidelines. You must maintain 6 feet of distance at all times.
- Please plan to bring your own mat, water bottle and towel.
- Pool lap lanes and family swim will be accessible, via reservation only on our Pool Schedules page.
- We will maintain our 1 adult to 2 non-swimmers without life jackets.
- We will allow 1 adult to 4 swimmers/non-swimmers as long as all children are in life jackets.
- We will now be able to provide life jackets (upon parent request) to those non-swimmers that need one. These will be properly sanitized between guests.
- Water fitness will be offered at select branches - contact your branch for details.
We have limited locker room availability so please come dressed to swim, if possible. Locker rooms will be available for changing if needed.
- For swim lessons, click here.
Pickleball and Racquetball
- Available at select branches for distanced use. Contact your branch for details.
Tennis (Eden and Western Rockingham)
- Please make your reservation online by clicking here. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Eden: 4 outdoor clay tennis courts; Hours: M-F, 8am -7pm; Sat, 8am-1pm
- Western Rockingham: Indoor courts; Hours: M-F 5:30-10:30am, 4-7pm; Sat 8am-1pm; Sunday Closed
Licensed Childcare (Hayes-Taylor)
- Hours: M-F, 7 am – 5:30 pm
- Contact email@example.com for details.
Back to School with the Y
- Click here for information on our all-day childcare options as children return to school virtually.
- With proper safety protocols in place, we are launching select youth sports and sports camps. Learn more here.
Staff Team Safety
- All team members are thoroughly trained on COVID transmission prevention and new cleaning protocols.
- Staff will be required to wear masks and wash hands frequently.
- All team members, members and vendors will be asked to wash and/or sanitize hands upon entry and exit.
- All team members, members and vendors will be questioned about COVID-19 symptoms and exposure prior to entry and temperature checked.
On behalf of everyone in the community counting on our Y in the weeks ahead, and who has benefited from our community efforts over the last several months, thank you for staying with us.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about your membership.