COMPETE ON A YMCA SWIM TEAM!
Swimming is a true lifelong sport and becoming part of one of our teams can guide you through learning to swim faster and with a better technique.
Swim team options include our summer Bears Swim Team, the GCY Makos, the Eden Purple Penguins and the Porpoise Club (a competitive swim training program). Scroll through the below information for details on each of our offerings!
At the YMCA of Greensboro, the health and safety of our program participants, members and staff is our top priority. We will implement COVID-19 transmission prevention protocols based on guidelines from national, state and local health officials, including those from the NCDHHS, the CDC and local health departments.
1. All participants, guardians and staff will sanitize their hands (using soap and water or hand sanitizer) upon arrival at the Y.
2. Effective Friday, August 13th 2021 at 5pm, masks are required for all individuals (regardless of vaccination status). Participants can remove masks when in the water.
3. Face coverings will be worn by all staff members, including while on the pool deck and in the water.
4. There will be no recreational swim allowed before or after the lessons to allow for proper distancing.
5. Participants will not be able to change clothes on the pool deck.
6. All equipment and seating areas will be cleaned and sanitized a minimum of 1 time per day.
7. All participants and guardians will have spaced apart assigned seating during lessons.
8. Due to capacity guidelines, only one person will be allowed to accompany the participant to the lesson.
The GCY (Greensboro Community YMCA) Swim Team is the YMCA of Greensboro's year-round swim team for children 5 and up! There are short course, long course, national, seasonal and so many more training options. Learn more or register online below!
The Purple Penguins swim team at the Eden Family YMCA has had a strong presence and tradition in the competitive swimming community for almost 40 years.
The Purple Penguins Swim Team offers fun, fitness and friendship to competitive swimmers 4 to 18 years old who are looking to perfect their stroke technique, continue to build endurance and beat their personal bests. Our swimmers compete in the PYSA Swim League.
Registration is closed.
Bears Summer Swim Team
For all community swimmers ages 18 & under!
The YMCA Bears Summer Swim Team is the YMCA of Greensboro swim team! Join us as we compete against swim teams all around Greensboro!
Cost: $115 (includes all meet feets + swim cap and shirt)
*Fee includes all practices, meets, city meet fees, CSA dues, team swim cap and team t-shirt. Extra fees for a team swim suit and City Meet parking may apply. Please note that all swimmers MUST have a YMCA family or program membership to be eligible to swim.
Dates: Closed (stay tuned for future schedule)
CUBS (Ages 8 & Under): 5:30pm – 6:15pm
POLARS (Ages 9 & 10): 6:15pm – 7:15pm
GRIZZLIES (Ages 11 & Up): 7:15pm – 8:30pm
All practices are offered at the Bryan Family YMCA Lap Pool.
Porpoise Club is a unique swim training program offered at Ragsdale YMCA that includes instruction to prepare for competitive swimming, such as stroke improvement, starts & turns, and speed and endurance training. Porpoise Club will be offered monthly on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Each 3-week Mon/Wed session costs $48 Members or $72 for Potential Members.
- Each 4-week Mon/Wed session costs $64 Members or $96 for Potential Members.
- Saturday Porpoise Club session costs $48 Members or $72 for Potential Members.
You can be part of one of our local Greensboro, NC, Swim Teams, or one of our teams in the surrounding triad area, including Jamestown and Eden! This is an amazing opportunity for you to make new friends, practice teamwork and all while doing regular physical activity that is great for your physical and mental health!