GET FIT IN THE WATER
If you are looking for low-impact, fun fitness pool exercises then water fitness is for you! Water Fitness a great way to get in shape, while enjoying the social aspect of working out in a class.
Come on in, the water’s fine! Adults looking to challenge themselves without stress on their joints or members who just enjoy the water can take advantage of our different water exercise classes. Instructors lead small groups through water aerobics, core strengthening and much more. Gain muscle conditioning and cardiovascular endurance from the aerobic choreography and the resistance of the water.
Ideal for all fitness levels, non-swimmers included.
We are offering Water Fitness Classes at Spears, Bryan, Eden, Hayes-Taylor, Ragsdale and Reidsville YMCAs. Register for Water Fitness at the branches below!
Masks are not required for fully vaccinated individuals. For those who are not fully vaccinated, masks are highly recommended.
At the YMCA of Greensboro, the health and safety of our program participants, members and staff is our top priority. We will implement COVID-19 transmission prevention protocols based on guidelines from national, state and local health officials, including those from the NCDHHS, the CDC and local health departments.
1. All participants, guardians and staff will sanitize their hands (using soap and water or hand sanitizer) upon arrival at the Y.
2. All non-vaccinated participants and guardians will be required to wear face masks in the facility and on the pool deck. Participants can remove masks when in the water.
3. Face coverings will be worn by all non-vaccinated staff members, including while on the pool deck and in the water.
4. There will be no recreational swim allowed before or after the lessons to allow for proper distancing.
5. Participants will not be able to change clothes on the pool deck.
6. All equipment and seating areas will be cleaned and sanitized a minimum of 1 time per day.
7. All participants and guardians will have spaced apart assigned seating during lessons.
8. Due to capacity guidelines, only one person will be allowed to accompany the participant to the lesson.
Register for Water Fitness at the Bryan Y!
Tuesday & Thursday - 7am to 7:45am
Monday & Friday - 5pm to 5:45pm
Wednesday - 4pm to 4:45pm
Registration begins at 11am on the 15th of each month for the following month. Register online, by calling 336.623.8496 or coming to the branch!