GET FIT IN THE WATER
Come on in, the water’s fine! Adults looking to challenge themselves without stress on their joints or members who just enjoy the water can take advantage of our different water exercise classes. Instructors lead small groups through water aerobics, core strengthening and much more. Gain muscle conditioning and cardiovascular endurance from the aerobic choreography and the resistance of the water.
Ideal for all fitness levels, non-swimmers included.
Register for Water Fitness at the branches below!
Based on guidelines from health and government officials to prevent the spread of COVID-19, face coverings are required for check-in and when not in the pool.
At the YMCA of Greensboro, the health and safety of our program participants, members and staff is our top priority. We will implement COVID-19 transmission prevention protocols based on guidelines from national, state and local health officials, including those from the NCDHHS, the CDC and local health departments.
1. All staff, participants and guardians will undergo health screenings and temperature checks when they arrive at a YMCA facility or grounds. If their temperature is 100.4 or above, they will be asked to leave. If a staff member, participant or guardian is feeling ill, they will not be permitted to participate in the activity. If they have been exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19, they must quarantine for 14 days and follow the NCDHHS’s guidelines.
2. All participants, guardians and staff will sanitize their hands (using soap and water or hand sanitizer) upon arrival at the Y.
3. All participants and guardians will be required to wear face masks in the facility and on the pool deck. Participants can remove masks when in the water.
4. Face coverings will be worn by all staff members, including while on the pool deck and in the water.
5. There will be no recreational swim allowed before or after the lessons to allow for proper distancing.
6. Participants will not be able to change clothes on the pool deck.
7. All equipment and seating areas will be cleaned and sanitized between sessions.
8. All participants and guardians will have spaced apart assigned seating during lessons.
9. Due to capacity guidelines, only one person will be allowed to accompany the participant to the lesson.
10. Social distancing will be implemented during the lessons and with spectators.
Tuesday & Thursday - 7am to 7:45am
Monday & Friday - 5pm to 5:45pm
Wednesday - 4pm to 4:45pm
Registration begins at 11am on the 15th of each month for the following month. Register by calling 336.623.8496 or coming to the branch!
Register for Water Fitness at the Hayes-Taylor Y!
If you are interested in Water Fitness at the Reidsville Y, please contact Cassy Velarde at:
336.342.3307 or [email protected]