Below are some frequently asked questions about the YMCA of Greensboro, our programs, offerings and more!
You can update your payment information here. For additional updates, issues with the form, or any other questions, please contact Lynn Crawford, Senior Association Community & Member Engagement Director at the YMCA of Greensboro.
Note: Cancellations will not be accepted through this method. You must go to your local branch or fill out the cancellation form to cancel your membership.*
New Year's Day - CLOSED
Bryan YMCA - Closed
Eden YMCA - Closed
Hayes-Taylor YMCA - Closed
Ragsdale YMCA - 8am-5pm
Reidsville YMCA - Closed
Spears YMCA - 8am-3pm
Stoney Creek YMCA - Closed
Independence Day, July 4th
Bryan YMCA is usually closed due to Fun 4th in downtown Greensboro
Ragsdale YMCA - CLOSED
Spears YMCA - CLOSED
Thanksgiving Day - CLOSED
Christmas Eve - CLOSED
Christmas Day - CLOSED
Saturday, December 26 - Only Hayes-Taylor YMCA closed
New Year's Eve - CLOSED
To register for programs with registration fees associated, you have a couple of options:
1. From the website, navigate to “My Account” in the top navigation, log into your account, and find the program you wish to register for under “Programs” in the top navigation bar and click add to cart.
2. You can also register for programs in person by visiting the Welcome Center (front desk) at your home branch. Welcome Center staff are happy to help you register and can answer any questions you may have about a specific class.
If you have a membership, navigate to the My Account page in the top navigation of our website and simply use the email address you provided when you joined and then hit reset password on your first log in.
If you do not have a membership or have not previously participated in any programs with us, click Create an Account to log in.
Please reach out by email or call your local branch to have your account unlocked.
If you already have a membership, you will need to stop by the front desk to add any new family members. Unfortunately, you can not add family members to your membership online.
To cancel your membership, you would need to cancel your membership in writing at least 15 days before your next draft. You can do so by stopping at your local YMCA branch's front desk or filling out the cancellation form.
To make changes to the type of membership you have, please stop by the front desk at your local branch.
Please stop by the front desk or log in to your online account and update your payment information.
If changing your information online, after logging in to your account click on Change Auto-Charge payments. Find the correct payment and add a new card. You can also click on saved credit cards to update any saved cards on your account. Please know you can not delete a saved card if it is linked to a current draft. You will need to update the current draft and then you can delete the card.
You can certainly schedule a time to visit the YMCA, however it is not required. We can provide you with a tour anytime during our open hours. No appointment is required.
Your YMCA membership is good at all YMCA locations in Guilford and Rockingham counties as well as YMCAs across the nation. You can live a healthy lifestyle wherever you may travel!
No, you don’t have a contract with your membership. Your membership is continuous until you tell us to cancel it. There is a 15-day written notice requirement for cancellation. If you choose to pay for the year in full, you are locked in for the year.
- Members ages 13 and older will have access to free guest passes. Each member may bring one (1) individual per visit. Each guest may visit any YMCA of Greensboro for free only once. When guests have used their free visit, they must either join the YMCA or buy additional day passes (a maximum of 3 per month). Members must remain in the facility for the duration of the guest's visit.
- Day passes may be purchased for $15/Adult, $10/Teen, $5/Youth.
- Members from other YMCAs may use our facility after their membership has been verified by their home YMCA.
- Availability and guest access hours vary by location. Please contact the Y you would like to visit prior to visiting. View locations.
If you would like to try the YMCA, you can purchase a day pass. If you decide to join within 7 days of the issued day pass, we will apply the amount paid to your membership fee.
With a Y membership, you have endless possibilities!
You can visit our seven local YMCA branches in Guilford and Rockingham counties as well as Ys nationwide. Free group exercise classes and virtual On-Demand streaming service through YMCA 360 is included in your membership. As a member, you will also receive discounts on all youth programming including youth sports, afterschool, summer camp and more, plus discounts on specialized programming.
Financial assistance is available for memberships and programs. Learn more here.
Please visit our Membership page for more information.
You may put your membership on hold for up to 3 months per calendar year. Although we would hate to see you go, you can cancel your membership at any time with a 15-day written notice.
We do provide financial assistance for both membership and programs. Please see the Financial Assistance page for more information.
Yes, you and your loved ones’ safety is our top priority. Our membership base is continuously run through the national sex offender registry.