JOIN THE TEAM!
Help your child develop skills, teamwork and confidence, all while engaging in healthy competition through Y sports leagues. The Y offers youth sports with a focus on character development. Y sports leagues provide a perfect opportunity to be active and social and reconnect with friends in the sport they love.
Instructors and Coaches - often volunteers and many parents - model fairness and hard work while emphasizing teamwork, cooperation, and developing good values in our sports programs. We are always looking for volunteer coaches that will recognize achievements large and small and understand that winning is not just about the score. By playing sports, kids and their families feel a sense of belonging that comes from a community gathering together to cheer on their team.
Searching for adult sports? Click here!
At the YMCA of Greensboro, the health and safety of our program participants, members and staff is our top priority. We will implement COVID-19 transmission prevention protocols based on guidelines from national, state and local health officials, including those from the NCDHHS, the CDC and local health departments.
1. Players and coaches will sanitize their hands (using soap and water or hand sanitizer) upon arrival, during water breaks and after games. A staff member will be checking on participants throughout the activity to ensure the proper use of hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizers used will contain at least 60% alcohol.
2. For sports that take place indoors, coaches and players ages 5 and up must wear a mask.
3. If a player or coach has been exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19, they must quarantine for 14 days and follow the NCDHHS’s guidelines.
4. If a player or coach experiences symptoms of COVID-19, they must remain home until they receive a negative test result.
5. Players and coaches must bring their own labeled water bottles.
6. Storage areas for players’ personal equipment will be marked. All shared equipment will be cleaned and disinfected between uses and at the end of each session.
7. Markings on the field will designate where spectators may sit. All spectators should practice social distancing and bring their own chairs.
Stay tuned for our future offerings!
Flag Football is a fun non-physical approach to the game of football, designed so that the players can enjoy football without worrying about injuring themselves due to contact.
Being part of the Youth Flag Football program will help your kid develop teamwork skills while improving their physical health. Compared to some other sports, flag football does not require much experience, flag football can be played by anyone.
If you want your kids to stay active, improve their communication skills and all in a contact-less, safe way, this is the sport for them! Enroll your kids in a local Greensboro, NC youth flag football league today!