Mobilizing for Good
The coronavirus outbreak has created enormous uncertainty for us all, but how we respond is within our control. As soon as it became apparent that our Y needed to change course to support our community, we did. Our teams immediately mobilized to explore ways to support you and our community. By continuing to be a part of our Y, you’re helping us deploy and expand these resources and services.
- Food Distribution to Those in Need – We are working with schools to distribute food to children and families in need. Details here.
- Child Care for Essential Personnel – We are working with community leaders to provide child care options for those who need it most - our first responders, medical staff and other essential personnel. Details.
- Senior Support – We are reaching out to the senior members in our area to offer support as needed.
- Family Resources – With recent school closures, families are adjusting to a new normal. It can be overwhelming to contemplate what to do with all this new-found time. To help, we're staying connected with our pre-K parents, providing activities to do at home and tips on how to stay engaged with their children. Plus, we’ve leveraged resources across the state to compile options for all families. You can access those resources here.
- Virtual Group Exercise Classes – We continue to share resources to keep our members and participants socially distant but together. You can visit your Virtual YMCA here.
- Wi-Fi Access - To help families who may not have access to the Internet at home, we are offering the use of some of our parking lots as Wi-Fi hotspots during select hours so that families can complete work or homework assignments and connect with others virtually.
There is much more work ahead for our Y. We’re in this together, and together, we’ll emerge stronger.
Continue to visit our website for the most up-to-date information on our YMCA. You can also sign up for text alerts about COVID-19 membership, facility and other updates by using this form, or by texting ygsocv19 to 781-728-9542.