Help your child develop skills, teamwork and confidence, all while engaging in healthy competition through Y sports leagues. The Y offers youth sports with a focus on character development. Y sports leagues provide a perfect opportunity to be active and social and reconnect with friends in the sport they love.
Instructors and Coaches - often volunteers and many parents - model fairness and hard work while emphasizing teamwork, cooperation, and developing good values in our sports programs. We are always looking for volunteer coaches that will recognize achievements large and small and understand that winning is not just about the score. By playing sports, kids and their families feel a sense of belonging that comes from a community gathering together to cheer on their team.
Searching for adult sports? Click here!
For team specific information including schedules, division standings, rosters, etc., please click here to log in to Playerspace.
3rd-5th, 6th-8th Grade
• Early Bird: $60.00 Members; $85.00 Potential Members
• Standard: $80.00 Members; $105.00 Potential Members
Registration to be announced in the future.
• Final Registration Deadline:
• Practices Start:
• Games Start:
The season will run approximately 7 weeks.
4th-5th, 6th-8th, 9th-12th Grade
• Early Bird: $60.00 Members; $90.00 Potential Members
• Standard: $80.00 Members; $110.00 Potential Members
All registrations received after February 28th will have a $5.00 late fee.
• Early Bird ends February 7th
• Standard ends February 28th
• Final Registration Deadline: February 28th
• Games Start: Week of April 4th, 2020
• 6th-8th Grade Evaluations: Thursday, February 27th, 6:00pm to 7:30pm and Monday, March 2nd from 6:00pm to 7:30pm. Players must attend ONE evaluation to be considered for the Challenge Level.
• Teams will have one weeknight practice for one hour Monday-Friday at 5:45pm, 6:45pm or 7:45pm (Note: The first week practices will be held Saturday March 28th).
• 4th-5th and 9th-12th grade teams will be put together based on request.
• 6th-8th grade teams will be formed by draft into Rec, Intermediate and Challenge Divisions.
For 3rd grade girls, the Spears YMCA offers the Mozgai Academy. This is designed to introduce basic Volleyball skills to girls with limited experience. Under well-structured instructions, students learn warm-up routines, basic volleyball movements, focus on passing, serving and introduction of setting and spike approach.
Carolina Spike Force is a travel volleyball club affiliated with & supported by the Spears YMCA of Greensboro, USA Volleyball Association & the Carolina Region Volleyball Association. CSF offers a reasonably priced, high-level volleyball program for youth girls. Our goal is to provide high-quality skills training in a positive environment while teaching life lessons through the club volleyball experience. For the 2019-2020 season, CSF will support teams for the 12U-18U Age Groups. Depending upon the amount of overall player interest, we will support various levels: Legacy, Black, Teal, White & Silver.