Let's play tennis!
Help your child develop skills, teamwork and confidence, all while engaging in healthy competition through Y sports leagues. The Y offers youth sports with a focus on character development. Y sports leagues provide a perfect opportunity to be active and social and reconnect with friends in the sport they love.
Instructors and Coaches - often volunteers and many parents - model fairness and hard work while emphasizing teamwork, cooperation, and developing good values in our sports programs. We are always looking for volunteer coaches that will recognize achievements large and small and understand that winning is not just about the score. By playing sports, kids and their families feel a sense of belonging that comes from a community gathering together to cheer on their team.
Searching for adult sports? Click here!
At the YMCA of Greensboro, the health and safety of our program participants, members and staff is our top priority. We will implement COVID-19 transmission prevention protocols based on guidelines from national, state and local health officials, including those from the NCDHHS, the CDC and local health departments.
1. Players and coaches will sanitize their hands (using soap and water or hand sanitizer) upon arrival, during water breaks and after games. A staff member will be checking on participants throughout the activity to ensure the proper use of hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizers used will contain at least 60% alcohol.
2. If a player or coach has been exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19, they must quarantine for 14 days and follow the NCDHHS’s guidelines.
3. If a player or coach experiences symptoms of COVID-19, they must remain home until they receive a negative test result.
4. Players and coaches must bring their own labeled water bottles.
5. Storage areas for players’ personal equipment will be marked. All shared equipment will be cleaned and disinfected between uses and at the end of each session.
6. Markings on the field will designate where spectators may sit. All spectators should practice social distancing and bring their own chairs.
Youth Tennis with Coach B
Rockingham County YMCAs
Summer Session I
7 – 11; 12 -17
Tuesdays & Thursdays (June 29th – July 22nd)
Ages 7 – 11: 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Ages 12 – 17: 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Eden Family YMCA, 301 S. Kennedy Street, Eden, NC 27288
$80 YMCA Members, $96 Potential Members
Thursday, June 24th
Register at the Eden or Western Rockingham YMCA or online.
Learn and improve tennis skills while getting exercise and having fun! Be sure to wear athletic clothing and tennis shoes. Bring a labeled water bottle and racquet.
Adherence to all guidelines will be met to ensure participants, staff, and others are protected and stay safe.
About Coach B:
Coach Bitrus Istifanus is a tennis teaching professional who has worked with both youth and adults in the Greensboro and Rockingham County community for over 25 years. A native of Nigeria, Coach B played four years of collegiate tennis for Saint Augustine University in Raleigh, NC.