Let's play tennis!
Give your kids the opportunity to be introduced to Tennis, a sport that provides many benefits. While practicing hand-eye coordination, balance, mobility and strength, Youth Tennis will improve the fitness level of your children while having lots of fun.
Our youth-appropriate tennis programs focus on skill development, teamwork and improving self-confidence, while promoting healthy competition.
Y sports leagues are the perfect opportunity to be active and social. We offer Youth Tennis at our Eden and Western Rockingham YMCAs. Come on, let’s play tennis!
Searching for adult sports? Click here!
At the YMCA of Greensboro, the health and safety of our program participants, members and staff is our top priority. We will implement COVID-19 transmission prevention protocols based on guidelines from national, state and local health officials, including those from the NCDHHS, the CDC and local health departments.
1. Players and coaches will sanitize their hands (using soap and water or hand sanitizer) upon arrival, during water breaks and after games. A staff member will be checking on participants throughout the activity to ensure the proper use of hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizers used will contain at least 60% alcohol.
2. For sports that take place indoors, coaches and players ages 5 and up must wear a mask.
3. If a player or coach has been exposed to or diagnosed with COVID-19, they must quarantine for 14 days and follow the NCDHHS’s guidelines.
4. If a player or coach experiences symptoms of COVID-19, they must remain home until they receive a negative test result.
5. Players and coaches must bring their own labeled water bottles.
6. Storage areas for players’ personal equipment will be marked. All shared equipment will be cleaned and disinfected between uses and at the end of each session.
7. Markings on the field will designate where spectators may sit. All spectators should practice social distancing and bring their own chairs.
Youth Tennis Lessons with Coach B
Rockingham County YMCAs
Summer Session II (Tuesdays & Thursdays)
7 – 11; 12 -17
Tuesdays & Thursdays (August 10th - September 2nd)
Ages 7 – 11: 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Ages 12 – 17: 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Eden Family YMCA, 301 S. Kennedy Street, Eden, NC 27288
$80 YMCA Members, $96 Potential Members
Friday, August 6th
($10 Late Registration Fee will be applied after August 6th)
Register at the Eden or Western Rockingham YMCA or online.
Learn and improve tennis skills while getting exercise and having fun! Be sure to wear athletic clothing and tennis shoes. Bring a labeled water bottle and racquet.
About Coach B:
Coach Bitrus Istifanus is a tennis teaching professional who has worked with both youth and adults in the Greensboro and Rockingham County community for over 25 years. A native of Nigeria, Coach B played four years of collegiate tennis for Saint Augustine University in Raleigh, NC.