Adult Autism Programs ~
Quad F - FRIENDS, FUN, FITNESS AND FUSION
We are an alliance that focuses on welcoming people on the Autism Spectrum. The Spears Family YMCA, in collaboration with local autism groups, is starting a program for Adults with Autism and other communication disorders who have trouble with social interactions.
QUAD F is dedicated to developing friendships, motivating each other, having fun and promoting fitness, fusion and community engagement. During the program, the participants will eat together and do at least two of the following activities: swim, basketball, yoga, workout in fitness room, etc. This program was made possible through a challenge grant from the Tannenbaum-Sternberger Foundation. QUAD F is recommended for adults who can participate in a social group independently. To ensure that the group is most beneficial for all, participants must complete an interview prior to enrollment.
When: One Wednesday a month at 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, May 30th -Boxcar Arcade at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, June 12th- Skateland USA West at 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, July 11th- Laser Tag at 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, August 29th -Grasshopper Game at 7:00 PM
Who: Adults on the Autism Spectrum who are 18 and up
- $10.00/YMCA members
- $10.00/Non-members. Made possible through a grant from Tannenbaum-Sternberger Foundation.