PARTNERING WITH PARENTS
Hayes-Taylor Memorial YMCA welcomes the opportunity to be “Partners with Parents” in the nurturing and development of each child. Our 5 Star licensed child care programs provide a safe, fun and educational environment for all children to flourish. Our knowledgeable counselors teach the core character development traits of the YMCA: caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Our programs operate with thorough health safeguards to protect our students and staff members. Our specially trained team helps practice social distancing, frequently disinfects program spaces and items, performs regular health checks and makes sure all kids stay safe while learning and having fun.
To learn more or take a tour, contact Monica Moore, Child Care Administrator, at 336.272.2131. Please be prepared to provide your child's records.
- Provides learning opportunities and a variety of programs such as swimming, music, creative movement, computer skills and free play.
- Emphasizes social skills such as sharing, fair play, and getting along with others.
- Ensures Kindergarten preparation.
- Customizes programs to meet the needs of each individual child.
- Maintains a low child-to-staff ratio.
- Provides nutritional snacks and hot meals.
- Encourages parental involvement.
The Hayes-Taylor YMCA received a Greensboro Kiwanis Grant for our new Technology Classroom. With this grant, we were able to get a smartboard, smart tables, and an interactive learning table from Hatch Early Learning. We believe that responsible use of technology not only improves the way kids learn, but also readies them to use more technology in the future.
- To provide a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment in which each child will grow cognitively, physically, emotionally and socially.
- To help children become healthy, confident, enthusiastic, lifelong learners by encouraging exploration and discovery through meaningful play and developmentally appropriate activities.
Monday-Friday: 7am - 5:30pm
All-Day Preschool Fees:
Registration Fee: $50.00
Weekly Fee: $190.00 (age 12 months – age 2)
Weekly Fee: $180.00 (ages 3 – 5 years)
Register/Pay for Preschool
COVID-19 Prevention: Health and Safety Procedures
In an uncertain time, it's important to us that parents feel their children will be safe and secure at our branches. The YMCA of Greensboro has adopted new drop-off, pick-up and cleaning procedures to keep children and their families safe and healthy.
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
- During drop off and pick up, please stand on one of the 6-feet distancing signs outside of the gate. If your child is in classroom 1, you will stand to the left of the gate. If your child is in classroom 2 or 3, you will stand to the right of the gate.
- Only 3 families may stand outside of the gate at a time. If there are more than 3 families, please stay in your car.
- When you arrive, you will not sign your child in. Instead, a staff member will record the time your child arrives. However, you will sign your child out for the day when picking them up.
- If your child will arrive later than 9am, please call or Remind App their teacher by 8:30am or your child will not be permitted to stay for the day.
- Please use Remind App to alert your child's teacher when you are on your way to pick up your child.
What safety precautions will the YMCA of Greensboro be taking?
- If your child is sick, please keep them at home. This includes symptoms and illnesses such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, green mucus from the nose, stomachache, diarrhea, vomiting, rash or not eating or drinking.
- Your child's temperature will be taken before entering the building for the day. Children's temperatures will also be taken several times throughout the day.
- Children will be given two blankets at the branch. Outside blankets or pillows are not allowed.
- All blankets and sheets will be washed daily.
- All toys and equipment will be cleaned and sanitized 2 to 3 times a day.
- Restrooms will be cleaned after each child's use.
- Children and staff will wash their hands throughout the day.
Payment and Other Procedures
- Please pay your childcare bill online. If you are unable to make your payments online, please pay over the phone or make an appointment to complete your payment inside the branch.
- If you need to speak with your child's teacher, please call them on the phone or through the Remind App.