Swimming is a life skill as well as great exercise and a challenging sport. The Eden YMCA offers swim lessons for all ages, swim teams, Masters swim, adaptive swim, water fitness and more. Swim year-round in our heated, indoor pools and swim with the folks that created group swim lessons!
For more information stop by or call the front desk 336.623.8496.
Swim Lesson Categories
- Swim Starters: Children ages 6months-3 years old (with parents)
- Swim Basics: Children ages 3-5 years old OR Children age 5-12
- Swim Strokes: Children ages 3-5 years old OR Children age 5-12
- Swim Basics: Adults aged 13+
Cost: $30 YMCA Members/ $50 Non-Members
**Siblings will receive one $5.00 discount per family**
Sessions (3 - Weeks)
November T/Th: October 30th-November 15th
Registration: October 8th - October 26th
Contact Cassy Velarde, Regional Program Director at 336.623.8496 for details.
The Purple Penguins swim team at the Eden Family YMCA has had a strong presence and tradition in the competitive swimming community for almost 40 years. The YMCA is committed to offering a quality swim team with an emphasis on teaching the value of competition through teamwork, sportsmanship and doing’s one best. The team’s motto is “Making My Best Better.” The Penguins program strives to offer a great program for every member, from the youngest and newest member of our veteran Senior swimmers.
The Eden Family YMCA’s Purple Penguins Swim Team offers fun, fitness, and friendship to competitive swimmers who are looking to perfect their stroke technique, continue to build endurance and beat their personal bests. Our swimmer complete in the PYSA Swim League and is open to ages up to 18 years old.
- Swimmers must be able to comfortably swim one (1) full length of the pool without
aid to participate
- YMCA membership is required
- Registration includes swim cap and Purple Penguins shirt
- New participants must contact Coach Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Limited space available: Register Early!
- WHEN: October 1st-Mid March *Swim Meet information to be emailed out*
- Mandatory Parent Meeting: Monday, October 22nd 6pm
- TIME: Practices Monday 5-6pm, Tuesday/Thursday 5-6:15pm, Wednesday 5:15-6:15pm, and Friday 4-5pm (See Pool Schedule)
- PRICE: $75 High School Students on HS swim team (Swim Meet Fees not included), $175 Swim Team Only (Swim Meet Fees not included), $320 All Meets Included, $175 option - $100 due at registration, $75 due by January 1st
- Sibling Discounts: $10 off 2nd child and $15 off 3rd child
For more information, call 336-623-8496 or send an email to: email@example.com
The Eden YMCA offers a variety of water fitness programs for every fitness level. Each class is designed to give your body a great workout while taking away the stress that comes with land-based experiences. These classes combine water resistance exercise with aerobic activity for a total body workout.
- M/W/F MORNING: YMCA Members/$5 or Potential Members/$56
- M/W/F EVENING: YMCA Members/$5.00 or Potential Members/$56
- Tuesday/Thursday SHALLOW WATER: YMCA Members/$3 or Potential Members/$54
- Tuesday/Thursday DEEP WATER: YMCA Members/$3 or Potential Members/$54
A shallow water moderate intensity cardiovascular workout that combines water resistance exercises, aerobic activity, and stretching for a total body workout.
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday 8:00AM-9:00AM
- Tuesday/Thursday 8:00AM-9:00AM
A class geared to train your cardiovascular system as well as give you a total body workout with no impact. Float belts are worn; swimming ability is not required but comfort in deep water is recommended.
- Tuesday/Thursday 9:00AM-10:00AM
A mild cardiovascular workout using water resistance to improve range of motion, muscular strength, and flexibility.
- Monday 6:15PM-7:15PM
- Wednesday 4:00PM-5:00PM
- Friday 5:30PM-6:30PM
- ALL CLASSES ARE REGISTERED/PAID FOR MONTHLY
- Registration Period: 15th-last day of the month.
- $5.00 will be added after the 1st of the month.
- Registration is first come, first serve.
- Limit of 20 participants per class option.
For more information contact the front desk.
Private Swim Lessons
Private lessons are not currently available.
Please contact the front desk for status of availability. Eden YMCA 336.623.8496
Lifeguard training is offered at the Reidsville YMCA.