Swimming is a life skill as well as great exercise and a challenging sport. The Eden YMCA offers swim lessons for all ages, swim teams, Masters swim, adaptive swim, water fitness and more. Swim year-round in our heated, indoor pools and swim with the folks that created group swim lessons!
For more information stop by or call the front desk 336.623.8496.
Swim Lesson Categories
- Swim Starters: Children ages 6months-3 years old (with parents)
- Swim Basics: Children ages 3-5 years old OR Children age 5-12
- Swim Strokes: Children ages 3-5 years old OR Children age 5-12
- Swim Basics: Adults aged 13+
Cost: $30 YMCA Members/ $50 Non-Members
**Siblings will receive one $5.00 discount per family**
Sessions (3 - Weeks)
November T/Th: October 30th-November 15th
Registration: October 8th - October 26th
Swim Lesson Rewards
Three consecutive sessions of swim lessons must be completed at the same YMCA to qualify. You can earn $15 off future lessons as long as all classes are registered before 3/31/2019.
Contact Cassy Velarde, Regional Program Director at 336.623.8496 for details.
The Purple Penguins swim team at the Eden Family YMCA has had a strong presence and tradition in the competitive swimming community for almost 40 years. The YMCA is committed to offering a quality swim team with an emphasis on teaching the value of competition through teamwork, sportsmanship and doing’s one best. The team’s motto is “Making My Best Better.” The Penguins program strives to offer a great program for every member, from the youngest and newest member of our veteran Senior swimmers.
The Eden Family YMCA’s Purple Penguins Swim Team offers fun, fitness, and friendship to competitive swimmers who are looking to perfect their stroke technique, continue to build endurance and beat their personal bests. Our swimmer complete in the PYSA Swim League and is open to ages up to 18 years old.
- Swimmers must be able to comfortably swim one (1) full length of the pool without
aid to participate
- YMCA membership is required
- Registration includes swim cap and Purple Penguins shirt
- New participants must contact Coach Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Limited space available: Register Early!
- WHEN: October 1st-Mid March *Swim Meet information to be emailed out*
- Mandatory Parent Meeting: Monday, October 22nd 6pm
- TIME: Practices Monday 5-6pm, Tuesday/Thursday 5-6:15pm, Wednesday 5:15-6:15pm, and Friday 4-5pm (See Pool Schedule)
- PRICE: $75 High School Students on HS swim team (Swim Meet Fees not included), $175 Swim Team Only (Swim Meet Fees not included), $320 All Meets Included, $175 option - $100 due at registration, $75 due by January 1st
- Sibling Discounts: $10 off 2nd child and $15 off 3rd child
For more information, call 336-623-8496 or send an email to: email@example.com
The Eden YMCA offers a variety of water fitness programs for every fitness level. Each class is designed to give your body a great workout while taking away the stress that comes with land-based experiences. These classes combine water resistance exercise with aerobic activity for a total body workout.
Cost: Free with membership
Shallow Water Exercise
A great high energy work out that gets your heart rate up. The class is taught in the shallow end of the pool, so non-swimmers are welcome. This is a one hour class.
Monday, Wednesday and Fridays
8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.
Monday and Friday
6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Deep Water Exercise
In the deep water class we wear flotation belts and enjoy a new variety of different exercises. Come and experience how fun this cardio class can be! This is a one hour class.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays
9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
For more information contact the front desk.
Private Swim Lessons
Private lessons are not currently available.
Please contact the front desk for status of availability. Eden YMCA 336.623.8496
Lifeguard training is offered at the Reidsville YMCA.