Childcare at the Y (summer camps, School Days +, after-school, etc.) will still be fun and engaging, but it will look a little different than previous years! We will incorporate programming and protocol updates as we work to keep youth and staff safe from COVID-19.
● All branches will operate a drop off/pick up protocol to limit families coming into the building. Look for signage about these locations. The same parent who dropped off their child must pick them up.
● A temperature and visual wellness check will be conducted at drop-off. Parents should expect to answer a health screening questionnaire each day.
● Child drop-off ends at 9:00am. Late drop-off is only permitted with advance notice for Dr. visits and child must have a Dr. note.
● Child pick-up starts at 4:00pm. Early pick-up must be communicated to staff in advance. If a child is picked up early, they must remain with their parent or guardian for the remainder of the day.
● No field trips to public places and all large assemblies and gatherings are canceled.
● Common areas are cleaned and disinfected after use.
● Activities will be fun and designed to keep children safe and physically distanced.
● Children eat meals in designated separate spaces, when possible.
● Meals eaten in common areas are at staggered times to allow for sanitation between groups.
● We require children to bring a refillable water bottle daily.
● Members in the facilities are not permitted to interact with children or use the same spaces.
● Staff will wear masks when inside or in close proximity to children. Following Governor Cooper’s executive order, all children age eleven or older are required to wear face coverings. A face covering will be provided to your child, and children and staff are expected to wear face coverings when not engaged in vigorous exercise or play that would make breathing difficult.
● When feasible, leaders will be designated to a specific group for the entire summer and limit contact with youth and leaders from other groups.
● A designated leader will conduct cleaning and disinfection of equipment throughout the day and after each group leaves a common area.
● A designated period for cleaning and sanitizing will be conducted at least one time per day and disinfecting of spaces at the end of each day.
● Each group can have designated equipment that is disinfected before and after use.
● Objects that cannot be cleaned and disinfected will not be used.
● Children will have specific supplies designated to them in labeled containers or bags. Those items include but are not limited to markers, crayons, scissors, glue, pencils, pens. Each group will also have designated spaces for their child's labeled items such as lunch boxes, jackets and towels.
● Hand washing will be the primary source of hand hygiene. If unavailable, children will use hand sanitization solutions.
● Children will wash their hands upon entry into the building, before and after meals, after using supplies, and at other times throughout the day.
● Sick children are to remain at home.
● Sick staff and children remain at home and can return with a physician's note or when they are symptom-free for at least 10 days.
● A designated place will be identified for sick children that allows for supervision at a 6-foot distance. If tolerated, the sick child will wear a mask and the supervising leader will wear a mask.
● The facility is closed for 48 hours and disinfected.