Basketball Goal Reservations During COVID-19
With a focus on safety and based on guidelines from health and government officials, we will open our basketball courts for goal reservations at select locations (Bryan, Spears, Hayes-Taylor, Ragsdale and Reidsville). Scroll down this page to view the calendar and reserve your spot.
What to Expect/How You Can Help
- Most importantly, if you are not feeling well or have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, please stay home! Help us keep our Y communities safe and healthy.
- Masks are required at all times.
- Please wash your hands before entering the gym. There will be sanitizer available when you leave the gym.
- Members must remain 6 feet from any member outside of your household. 2 vs 2 play is permitted within your household. Play with another group is not permitted.
- Please review our member expectations by clicking here.
- Members will be asked to sign an updated waiver before participating in any Y offerings. Waivers can be found here.
- All team members, members and vendors who are unwilling to comply with the Y’s COVID transmission prevention measures will be asked to leave the Y.
- We will be conducting wellness and temperature checks of all who enter the facility. Members will be screened for COVID-19 exposure and/or symptoms prior to entering the Y. These questions include:
- Have you had close contact (within 6 feet for at least 10 minutes) in the last 14 days with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, or has any health department been in contact with you and advised you to quarantine?
- In the last 72 hours, have you had a fever or felt feverish, had any muscle aches, chills, or respiratory symptoms, including runny nose, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath; or developed a new loss of taste or smell?
- Is your temperature 100.4 degrees or above?
- Person reserving court must sign agreement stating that if they do not follow the rules and guidelines of Household Open Gym time, they will not be permitted to reserve a spot in the future. This agreement can be found here or during the reservation process.
Who Can Reserve the Gym
- All participants must be members. No guests are permitted at this time.
- Same Household: One household member may reserve time for the household.
- Adults: 13 years of age or older (same household, maximum 5 people)
- Each reservation will be assigned to one (1) goal in the gymnasium during their selected time slot.
- Adults/families in the same household may only reserve one (1) time slot per week.
- Reservations are 45 minutes in length, with 15 minutes between each time slot to allow for cleaning.
- Members must bring their own basketball. The YMCA of Greensboro will not provide any equipment.