Leave a lasting legacy by joining our Heritage Society. With a planned gift to the Y, you have the power to ensure that YMCA programs are accessible to everyone in our community for generations to come.
YMCA of Greensboro has served our community for over 130 years by focusing on programs that benefit youth development, social responsibility and healthy living. By including the YMCA in your personal legacy, know that your gift will allow us to continue to benefit the health and well-being of our community for the next 130 years.
Legacy of the YMCA
The YMCA of Greensboro has served its community for over 130 years by focusing on programs that benefit youth development, social responsibility and healthy living. By including the YMCA in your personal legacy, know that your gift will allow us to continue to benefit the health and well-being of our community for the next 130 years.
YMCA Heritage Society
The Heritage Society is a special group of people who believe in the purpose and values of the Y. We invite you to consider becoming a member by including the YMCA Endowment Fund in your estate plan through a bequest, life insurance, trust, or outright gift. A gift to the Endowment Fund is an investment in the guiding beliefs of the YMCA.
An Endowment Benefits the YMCA and You
By including the Y in your planned giving, you can be confident that your gift will be used to enable the YMCA to continue to serve children, families, and individuals of all ages for years to come. Donors are also eligible for tax and estate planning advantages. Endowment fund contributions are invested, protecting the principal, while the investment income is used to support Y programming and maintain and upgrade Y facilities.
How to Make Your Endowment Gift
There are several ways to include the YMCA of Greensboro Endowment in your planned giving:
- Donate by check, assets or property: YMCA of Greensboro, Attention: Jennifer Criscuolo, 620 Green Valley Road, Suite 210, Greensboro, NC 27408
- Donate Cryptocurrency — Click here to Donate Cryptocurrency
- Name the YMCA of Greensboro Endowment in your will
- Establish a charitable trust with the YMCA of Greensboro Endowment as a beneficiary
- Name the YMCA of Greensboro Endowment as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement fund
Contact the YMCA of Greensboro Corporate Office at (336) 854-8410 for more information on including the YMCA in your planned giving.
Choose How Your Gift is Put to Use
As a donor, you can designate how the YMCA will use your gift. Here are a few examples of how your gift could be designated depending on the size of your gift and your particular interests:
- Provide a permanent scholarship fund for youth to participate in camping, sports, after school or other programs to impact children’s lives for years to come.
- Underwrite Y services for a program of your choice such as summer camp, youth sports or active older adults to carry on your favorite program.
- Create a maintenance and equipment fund for a specific YMCA facility.
- Provide an unrestricted donation, which the Board of Directors will allocate in your name to the area of greatest need or benefit.
Heritage Society Information (Downloadable PDF)
Legal Name and Accreditation
The YMCA is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Copies of our latest annual report, annual audit and IRS Form 990 are available for review. The proper legal name of our endowment fund is as follows:
Young Men’s Christian Association of Greensboro Endowment, Inc.
YMCA of Greensboro Endowment, Inc. is a separate 501(c)(3) organization designed to support the YMCA. The YMCA of Greensboro’s board of directors appoints qualified individuals to serve on the YMCA of Greensboro Endowment, Inc. board of directors to ensure structured portfolio and fund management, long-term value for all designated funds, and compliance with donor specifications.
Let's Chat About Your Legacy