Focus On Allover Wellness at the Y
Reopening Indoor Wellness Facilities Sept. 8 at 5:30AM for all members!
We know wellness involves more than working out. It's about making good choices to live well inside and out. You’re not only supported by our staff, but you’re also part of a community that helps you be your best self at every age.
Whether you’re looking to lose weight, get stronger, eat healthier, fight disease, improve your energy or lower stress, we have people and programs in place to help.
For more than 130 years, the Y has served as a nonprofit leader and partner in community health, delivering evidence-based health programs and interventions that benefit vulnerable populations and those managing the life-altering effects of chronic disease.
During the pandemic, NC YMCAs have partnered with health experts and developed operational plans that meet or exceed requirements and recommendations of the CDC and NC DHHS. Therefore, we are confident in our YMCA's capacity to open our indoor fitness centers safely. For so many in our community, exercise therapy is a key to recovery, disease management and prevention.
Following the all guidelines provided by the NC DHHS, access to facilities is limited to 30% capacity for each space. Areas and offerings may be limited.
If you aren't ready to join us in person, visit the Virtual Y or our Facebook page for online class options.
What to Expect/How You Can Help
- Most importantly, if you are not feeling well or have come into contact with someone with COVID-19, please stay home! Help us keep our Y communities safe and healthy.
- Masks are required except during active exercise.
- Please review our member expectations by clicking here.
- Members will be asked to sign an updated waiver before participating in any Y offerings. Waivers can be found here. Once you have completed this waiver, you do not need to complete it again.
- To ensure the utmost safety of our members, we will limit use to active members of the YMCA of Greensboro association only.
- All team members, members and vendors who are unwilling to comply with the Y’s COVID transmission prevention measures will be asked to leave.
- No locker room access will be available.
- We will be conducting wellness and temperature checks of all who enter the facility. Members will be screened for COVID-19 exposure and/or symptoms prior to entering the Y. These questions include:
- Have you had close contact (within 6 feet for at least 10 minutes) in the last 14 days with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, or has any health department been in contact with you and advised you to quarantine?
- In the last 72 hours, have you had a fever or felt feverish, had any muscle aches, chills, or respiratory symptoms, including runny nose, sore throat, cough, or shortness of breath; or developed a new loss of taste or smell?
- Is your temperature 100.4 degrees or above?