Programs & Services
28 | 8 Fitness Challenge
GET HEALTHY, STAY HEALTHY
The 28 | 8 Fitness Challenge consists of working out 28 times in 8 weeks. That’s it! If you complete the challenge you will receive a t-shirt, tote/bag or water bottle of your choosing. There will also be a big prize drawing for 3 prizes valued up to $150 each, or $150 toward a personal training package. Remember you have to complete 28 days total in order to be entered into the drawing and to receive your selected prize!
- Challenge dates: August 20th - October14th
- $5 | Open to YMCA members ONLY
- All workouts must be completed at the Reidsville YMCA (Wellness Center, GX Classes or Pool)
- Complete a workout, pick up a dot from the front desk, & place the dot on the challenge board!
- You must complete the challenge to collect your prize and to be entered into the big prize drawing.
Maintain Don't Gain- Holiday Fitness Challenge
Commit to your health this fall with the Maintain Don’t Gain - Holiday Fitness Challenge! The average American gains 1 to 5 pounds over the holiday season and usually keeps it! Over time those pounds add up. Give yourself the gift of a healthier lifestyle and maintain (or lose) your weight.
• November 13th - January 7th
• Registration Information: Members $20 | Potential Members $35 (scholarship is available) | Min. 10 (Max 30) required by 11/10/17
• Registration includes: T-shirt, Informational packet, access to a private Facebook support group, and optional weekly program challenges to support you throughout the challenge.
For more information, contact Sabrina Lawrence or call: 336.637.1351
A Teen Certification allows teens, ages 14-15, to use the Wellness Center without having a parent or guardian present. Teens will learn basic anatomy and physiology, key components to health and well-being, proper use and technique of various equipment and exercises, and Wellness Center policies and procedures. The class is divided into three major portions: a practical, a lecture, and a written test.
Register at the front desk or by calling 336.342.3307 or Wellness Experience Director, Sabrina Andrews at 336.637.1351.
This evaluation consists of a 1-hour session designed to assess current fitness levels and provide training recommendations for reaching personal goals. The evaluation includes body composition, flexibility, strength, endurance, and cardiovascular tests. This is available for members only and is $15.
Register at the front desk or by calling 336.342.3307 or Wellness Experience Director, Sabrina Andrews at 336.637.1351
Our Wellness Center is fully equipped with a wide variety of cardio and strength training equipment. Need help getting started? Orientations are free to members ages 14 and over.
During orientation, you will be shown how to operate the cardiovascular and strength training equipment. We will develop a personalized workout plan to help you reach your goals.
All youth 14 and 15 years of age are required to complete a teen certification course prior to being allowed to have full fitness center privileges.
Register at the front desk or by calling 336.342.3307 or Wellness Experience Director Sabrina Andrews at 637.1351.