Reidsville Adult Wellness
The Reidsville YMCA offers a variety of Wellness options for adults from Group Exercise, Personal Training and more!
For more information, contact Meredith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336.342.3307.
All wellness programs have been postponed due to COVID-19. We will run these programs when we reopen.
Spring Into Health Weight Loss Challenge
Spring Into Health is a 6 week weight loss program to assist you with reaching your health and fitness goals! Challenge yourself with new fitness classes, exercises, and experiences to build a healthy spirit, mind and body!
When: April 6th-May 17th, 2020
Cost: $15 Members, $25 Potential Members *$5 will be added to cost after March 30th*
• Participants will receive a T-shirt.
• Overall male and female winners who lose the highest percentage of body fat will receive FREE YMCA memberships or health and wellness prize packages valued at $170.
• All participants will weigh in weekly, receive weekly workout plans, healthy recipes and so much more!
• Weekly Winners: The participant who loses the highest percentage of body fat each week will win a prize!
• Register at the front desk or online.
Group Exercise Schedules
Discover your potential! Work with a certified YMCA Personal Trainer and accomplish your wellness goals. Regardless of age or fitness level, personal attention and expert advice will help you achieve maximum results and avoid injury.
Personal Training Rates and Packages:
|30 Minute Session||$20|
|1 hr Session||$40|
|4 - 1 hour sessions||$140|
|8 - 1 hour sessions||$270|
|12 - 1 hour sessions||$350|
|30 Minute Buddy Sessions*||$15 per person|
|1 hr Buddy Sessions*||$30 per person|
|Fitness Program Design||$50|
*Buddy Sessions require 2 people
Programs & Services
The Reidsville YMCA offers a variety of Wellness Programs and Services like Wellness Center Orientation, Boot Camp, and more!
Workout of the Day - Partner Bootcamp
Grab a partner and get stronger together! WODuo means Workout of the Day - Duo. This team-based bootcamp is taught by Lisa Coffer. If you are looking for a workout of the day style routine to help keep you motivated and accountable, this one is for you. Partners are required.
- March 2nd-26th. Mondays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays 6pm-6:45pm.
- Member Pairs $50, Non-Member Pairs $75, Member & Non-Member Pairs $62.50
- Prices listed are for each pair. Each member will pay individually, half of the listed price. Cost goes up by $5 after February 28th.
- Scholarship eligible program.
- T-shirts are included!
Register at the YMCA front desk.
Walk to the Beach
Can you walk to the beach in just 12 weeks? Walk to the Beach is a challenge to get you moving and utilizing the Reidsville YMCA! The distance between Reidsville and the NC coastline is approximately 236 miles and each visit to the YMCA earns “miles walked”. Those who successfully walk 236 miles will be entered into a drawing for 2 prizes. One of the prize drawings will be for a weekend at the beach!
Program Dates: February 3rd - April 26th, 2020. A minimum of 30 participants is required by January 31st, to hold the program.
$10 | Members ONLY | Registration includes a t-shirt (cost goes up by $5 after January 15th)
Track your beach miles at the front desk. The last day to track miles is April 26th.
Each visit to the Reidsville YMCA = 6 beach miles toward 236 total beach miles. That’s an average 3.5 visits/week for 12 weeks (only one visit per day). You must track miles the same day you visit the YMCA. Winners will be announced the week of April 27th.
Winners are determined by a drawing.
Grand Prize: Weekend at the BEACH!
Runner-up Prize: Beach vacation-themed gift basket
Did you know that a 30-minute walk in the water is equivalent to a two-hour walk on land? Water resistance offers an excellent opportunity for muscle toning and body sculpting. Water also cools the body during exercise, which reduces stress on the heart and reduces the risk of injury by lessening the impact on weight-bearing joints, muscles, and bones.
Youth Access Policy
Age Guidelines for Fitness Age 9+
- Age 16 and up may use strength equipment alone
- Age 14-15 may use strength equipment after completing Teen Certification
- Age 13 and up may use cardio alone
- Age 9-12 may use cardio equipment with parent – no weight equipment
- Age 9-13 may do body weight exercises with parent – no weight lifting
Group Exercise Classes
- Age 14 and up may do any class without parental supervision
- Age 9-13 may do cardio (Zumba, cycle, Tabata, Pound, etc.), Pilates, or yoga with parent. For cycle classes, the child must be big enough to fit on cycle properly and parent must be on the bike immediately next to the child’s bike.
LiveSTRONG at the YMCA®
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a free program designed for cancer survivors 18 years and older who have become de-conditioned and fatigued from their treatment. Participants receive a FREE 12-week Metro membership and may use the facilities at any time. Participants may bring in a family member who can work out on their own.
Come join other members for friendly competition and fun by playing Pickleball! Nets will be set up on the back court of the basketball gym. Limited paddles & balls are available for use; but you are encouraged to bring your own. This is open to all ages and abilities!
SCHEDULE: Varies month to month
Schedule is located at the front desk and on the gym doors.
WHO: Open to members and guests
WHERE: Basketball gym
FEES: Free, just drop in & play
HOW TO PLAY: Official rules & court
Setup will be located in the gym