Bryan Adult Wellness
The Bryan YMCA offers a variety of Wellness options for adults from Group Exercise, Personal Trianing, cancer survivor programs and more!
Text Message updates: Text “bryanymca” to 71441 to receive updates from us on the latest happenings at the Bryan Y. We do limit these messages to our most important updates and will not spam you.
For more information contact Kristi Wallace, Bryan Wellness Director at 336.478.9622.
Discover your potential! Work with a certified YMCA Personal Trainer and accomplish your wellness goals. Regardless of age or fitness level, personal attention and expert advice will help you achieve maximum results and avoid injury.
Personal Training Rates and Packages:
|One Hour Session||$40||$60|
|4 One Hour Sessions||$150||$230|
|8 One Hour Sessions||$280||$440|
Programs & Services
The Bryan YMCA offers a variety of Wellness Programs and Services like Wellness Center Orientation, Tai Chi, and more!
LiveSTRONG at the YMCA®
LiveSTRONG at the YMCA®
To be contacted to find out if you qualify for the LiveSTRONG® at the YMCA program please fill out the interest form.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a free program designed for cancer survivors 18 years and older who have become de-conditioned and fatigued from their treatment.
The goals of the program include:
- Improving strength and endurance
- Increasing flexibility and day-to-day activities
- Reducing the severity of therapy side effects
- Preventing unwanted weight changes
- Improving self esteem and energy levels
Participants receive a FREE 12-week Metro membership and may use the facilities at any time. Participants may bring in a family member who can work out on their own.
Age: 18 and older
Cost: No cost for participants
- Participants must receive medical clearance and are evaluated on an individual basis
- Patients currently undergoing treatment may participate, but only if they receive medical clearance
- Have your doctor fill out the Referral form
- Commit to attending 80% of the classes
- Participants cannot exceed five years post treatment
For more information or to sign up please contact Lauren Marshall at 336.478.9637.
Did you know that a 30-minute walk in the water is equivalent to a two-hour walk on land? Water resistance offers an excellent opportunity for muscle toning and body sculpting. Water also cools the body during exercise, which reduces stress on the heart and reduces the risk of injury by lessening the impact on weight-bearing joints, muscles, and bones.
Youth Access Policy
Age Guidelines for Fitness Age 9+
- Age 16 and up may use strength equipment alone
- Age 14-15 may use strength equipment after completing Teen Certification
- Age 13 and up may use cardio alone
- Age 9-12 may use cardio equipment with parent – no weight equipment
- Age 9-13 may do body weight exercises with parent – no weight lifting
Group Exercise Classes
- Age 14 and up may do any class without parental supervision
- Age 9-13 may do cardio (Zumba, cycle, Tabata, Pound, etc.), Pilates, or yoga with parent. For cycle classes, the child must be big enough to fit on cycle properly and parent must be on the bike immediately next to the child’s bike.