Hayes-Taylor Adult Wellness
The Hayes-Taylor YMCA offers a variety of Wellness options for adults from Group Exercise, Personal Trianing, and more!
For more information contact Susan Gerke, Hayes-Taylor Wellness Director at 336.272.2131.
Group Exercise Schedule
Discover your potential! Work with a certified YMCA Personal Trainer and accomplish your wellness goals. Regardless of age or fitness level, personal attention and expert advice will help you achieve maximum results and avoid injury.
Prices and Packages
|One Hour Session||$40||$60|
|4 One Hour Sessions||$150||$225|
|8 One Hour Sessions||$280||$420|
Partner and Group Training: two or more people training together at $25 each per hour (member rate) or $35 each per hour (non-member rate). Training must be completed as a group. If group does not show up together individual rate will be charges or partners will be charged for session.
Programs & Services
The Hayes-Taylor YMCA offers a variety of Wellness Programs and Services like Wellness Center Orientation and more!
Race for the Future
WHEN: October 6th, 2018
In 2018, the YMCA of Greensboro will be offering a series of fall and winter road races, serving Guilford and Rockingham Counties. Everybody is welcome, all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. Our goal is to encourage individuals and families to continue positive healthy habits and live life to its fullest.
Did you know that a 30-minute walk in the water is equivalent to a two-hour walk on land? Water resistance offers an excellent opportunity for muscle toning and body sculpting. Water also cools the body during exercise, which reduces stress on the heart and reduces the risk of injury by lessening the impact on weight-bearing joints, muscles, and bones.
Youth Access Policy
Age Guidelines for Fitness Age 9+
- Age 16 and up may use strength equipment alone
- Age 14-15 may use strength equipment after completing Teen Certification
- Age 13 and up may use cardio alone
- Age 9-12 may use cardio equipment with parent – no weight equipment
- Age 9-13 may do body weight exercises with parent – no weight lifting
Group Exercise Classes
- Age 14 and up may do any class without parental supervision
- Age 9-13 may do cardio (Zumba, cycle, Tabata, Pound, etc.), Pilates, or yoga with parent. For cycle classes, the child must be big enough to fit on cycle properly and parent must be on the bike immediately next to the child’s bike.
LiveSTRONG at the YMCA®
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a free program designed for cancer survivors 18 years and older who have become de-conditioned and fatigued from their treatment. Participants receive a FREE 12-week Metro membership and may use the facilities at any time. Participants may bring in a family member who can work out on their own.