Teen Mentoring & College/Career Readiness Program
The YMCA Achievers Program is data-driven and strategically designed to develop individual talents and leadership skills and prepare teens for life beyond high school. With a focus on 8th-12th graders, our goal is to support high school graduation, prepare teens for college and begin exploring career possibilities. The Achievers program incorporates a teen-focused leadership curriculum from the world-renowned Center for Creative Leadership in Greensboro, North Carolina.
"As a parent, the Achievers helped me be better prepared to support my son in the next steps for social and academic success in high school, college and life." -Margaret, Y Achievers Mom
- Teen Internships
- Youth and Government
- Leadership & Mentoring
- Drone Flight Experience
- SAT Preparation
- College Tours
- Future Summit
Criteria & Enrollment: Youth must be in grades eight through twelve to enroll. There are no scholastic requirements to enroll. Enrollment is held from June through September. The application must be returned to Hayes-Taylor YMCA. Parent signatures are needed and report card is required for confidential data-tracking purposes.
You must complete and submit two forms in order to finalize registration. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serving the Greensboro, Jamestown, Eden and Reidsville, NC, areas, we ensure there is a College Prep Program near you. If you're interested in the YMCA Achievers Program, you must complete and submit two forms in order to finalize registration. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
We're so excited to be part of this important step in your teen’s life!
The Achievers network is designed to create a space where youth development professionals can share best practices and resources to better serve teens aged 13-18 in their communities.
Why join the Achievers network?
- Joining the Achievers network connects you with other achiever programs across the state of North Carolina.
- Access to our Achievers Google hub with college tour kits, leadership content and more.
Achievers Jump Start
Jump Start allows you to launch an impactful and effective Achievers club at your YMCA, recreation center or school.
What is included in the Jump Start kit?
- 12 weeks of custom leadership content tailored to the needs of your community and program outcomes.
- Facilitation guides accompanying content in order to “train the trainer” in presentation best practices. We teach you how to teach the content.
- You can request an on-site 6-hour training in which our achiever staff will help you build the foundational elements of a teen Achiever program.
Achievers 2023-2024 Schedule coming soon!