COMPETE ON A YMCA SWIM TEAM
The YMCA of Greensboro offers three options for swim team. Our summer Bears Swim Team, the GCY Makos and the Eden Purple Penguins. See below for details on each of our offerings!
The GCY (Greensboro Community YMCA) Swim Team is the YMCA of Greensboro's Year Round swim team for children 5 and up! There are short course, long course, national, seasonal and so many more training options. Learn more by clicking here. Or, register online now.
The Purple Penguins swim team at the Eden Family YMCA has had a strong presence and tradition in the competitive swimming community for almost 40 years. The YMCA is committed to offering a quality swim team with an emphasis on teaching the value of competition through teamwork, sportsmanship and doing’s one best. The team’s motto is “Making My Best Better.” The Penguins program strives to offer a great program for every member, from the youngest and newest member of our veteran Senior swimmers.
The Eden Family YMCA’s Purple Penguins Swim Team offers fun, fitness, and friendship to competitive swimmers who are looking to perfect their stroke technique, continue to build endurance and beat their personal bests. Our swimmer complete in the PYSA Swim League and is open to ages up to 18 years old.
- Swimmers must be able to comfortably swim one (1) full length of the pool without
aid to participate
- YMCA membership is required
- Registration includes swim cap and Purple Penguins shirt
- New participants must contact Coach Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Limited space available: Register Early!
- WHEN: October 1st-Mid March *Swim Meet information to be emailed out*
- Mandatory Parent Meeting: Monday, October 22nd 6pm
- TIME: Practices Monday 5-6pm, Tuesday/Thursday 5-6:15pm, Wednesday 5:15-6:15pm, and Friday 4-5pm (See Pool Schedule)
- PRICE: $75 High School Students on HS swim team (Swim Meet Fees not included), $175 Swim Team Only (Swim Meet Fees not included), $320 All Meets Included, $175 option - $100 due at registration, $75 due by January 1st
- Sibling Discounts: $10 off 2nd child and $15 off 3rd child
For more information, call 336-623-8496 or send an email to: email@example.com
Bears Summer Swim Team
For all community swimmers ages 18 & under!
The YMCA Bears Summer Swim Team is the YMCA of Greensboro swim team! Join us as we compete against swim teams all around Greensboro!
Cost: $115 (includes all meet feets + swim cap and shirt)
*Fee includes all practices, meets, city meet fees, CSA dues, team swim cap and team t-shirt. Extra fees for a team swim suit and City Meet parking may apply. Please note that all swimmers MUST have a YMCA family or program membership to be eligible to swim.
Dates: Closed (stay tuned for May-July 2020)
Practice Days: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays
CUBS (Ages 8 & Under): 5:30pm – 6:15pm
POLARS (Ages 9 & 10): 6:15pm – 7:15pm
GRIZZLIES (Ages 11 & Up): 7:15pm – 8:30pm
All practices are offered at the Bryan Family YMCA Lap Pool.
GCY and the Bryan YMCA now offer two competitive swim programs for adults. Whether you are swimming for fitness, training for triathlons or competing in swim meets, GCY is the training environment for you!
Our Masters program focuses on all four competitive strokes and helps athletes train for swim meets at all levels. Our Tri-Swim program focuses on freestyle and will help you train for triathlons from Sprint to Ironman. We pride ourselves in creating a program that accommodates athletes of all levels. Feel free to try out the program with a free one-week trial.
Please contact our Swim Team Office at 336.478.9635 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.