Interested in becoming a lifeguard at the Y? The Ragsdale YMCA is offering a FREE lifeguard class, with intent to hire!
When: November 2019
Friday November 15th 5:00pm-9:00pm Friday November 22nd 5:00pm-9:00pm
Saturday November 16th 12:00pm-4:00pm Saturday November 23rd 12:00pm-4:00pm
Tuesday November 19th 5:00pm-9:00pm Monday November 25th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Wednesday November 20th 5:00pm-9:00pm Tuesday November 26th 5:00pm-9:00pm
Additional Info: Bring a Swimsuit, Towel, Pen, Paper and any food you wish to eat during the training.
Our prerequisites are:
- Participants must be 16 years of age or older at the end of the class
- Pass a series of physical competency requirements, detailed on our Swimming page
- Potential participants will be asked to complete an interview and reference check process before enrollment can be approved
At the end of this class, you will receive certifications for:
- YMCA Lifeguard, valid for 2 years
- CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED, valid for 1 year
- First Aid, valid for 2 years
- Oxygen Administration, valid for 2 years
Find out more details below, or on our Swimming page!