Ragsdale Adult Wellness
The Ragsdale YMCA offers a variety of Wellness options for adults such as Group Exercise, Personal Training, cancer survivor programs and more!
For more information contact Marlee Rindal, Ragsdale Wellness Director at 336.882.9622.
Discover your potential! Work with a certified YMCA Personal Trainer and accomplish your wellness goals. Regardless of age or fitness level, personal attention and expert advice will help you achieve maximum results and avoid injury.
Personal Training Rates and Packages:
|1/2 Hour Session||$20||$30|
|One Hour Session||$40||$60|
|4 One Hour Sessions||$150||$230|
|8 One Hour Sessions||$280||$440|
***All sessions expire 90 days from purchase date.***
Please contact Marlee Rindal, Wellness Director, at 336.882.9622 for additional information.
Programs & Services
The Ragsdale YMCA offers a variety of Wellness Programs and Services like Wellness Center Orientation, Tai Chi, and more!
WHEN: Saturday, December 9, 2017
2017 will be the 3rd Annual YMCA of Greensboro Race Series, serving Guilford and Rockingham Counties. Everybody is welcome, all ages, abilities, and backgrounds. Our goal is to encourage individuals and families to continue positive healthy habits and live life to its fullest.
Pedaling an indoor cycle may change the life of someone with Parkinson’s disease. Research conducted at the Cleveland Clinic showed a 35% reduction in symptoms by the simple act of pedaling a bicycle at a rapid pace – optimally, 80-90 revolutions per minute. Fast pedaling is not a cure for Parkinson’s disease and should not be touted as such, but compelling evidence shows that it does make a real difference for many who try it. We do know that fast-paced cycling is changing the lives of increasing numbers of participants who, before this, had no hope beyond medication and eventually surgery to slow the progression of their disease.
Tae Kwon Do
The Ragsdale YMCA in partnership with the Greensboro Black Belt Academy offers Tae Kwon Do at three locations for children and adults.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA®
LiveSTRONG at the YMCA is a free program designed for cancer survivors 18 years and older who have become de-conditioned and fatigued from their treatment.
The goals of the program include:
- Improving strength and endurance
- Increasing flexibility and day-to-day activities
- Reducing the severity of therapy side effects
- Preventing unwanted weight changes
- Improving self esteem and energy levels
Did you know that a 30-minute walk in the water is equivalent to a two-hour walk on land? Water resistance offers an excellent opportunity for muscle toning and body sculpting. Water also cools the body during exercise, which reduces stress on the heart and reduces the risk of injury by lessening the impact on weight-bearing joints, muscles, and bones.
Youth Access Policy
Age Guidelines for Fitness Age 9+
- Age 16 and up may use strength equipment alone
- Age 14-15 may use strength equipment after completing Teen Certification
- Age 13 and up may use cardio alone
- Age 9-12 may use cardio equipment with parent – no weight equipment
- Age 9-13 may do body weight exercises with parent – no weight lifting
Group Exercise Classes
- Age 14 and up may do any class without parental supervision
- Age 9-13 may do cardio (Zumba, cycle, Tabata, Pound, etc.), Pilates, or yoga with parent. For cycle classes, the child must be big enough to fit on cycle properly and parent must be on the bike immediately next to the child’s bike.