Ragsdale Adult Wellness
The Ragsdale YMCA offers a variety of Wellness options for adults such as Group Exercise, Personal Training, cancer survivor programs and more!
For more information contact Marlee Rindal, Ragsdale Wellness Director at 336.882.9622.
Group Exercise Schedule
Discover your potential! Work with a certified YMCA Personal Trainer and accomplish your wellness goals. Regardless of age or fitness level, personal attention and expert advice will help you achieve maximum results and avoid injury.
Personal Training Rates and Packages:
|1/2 Hour Session||$20||$30|
|One Hour Session||$40||$60|
|4 One Hour Sessions||$150||$230|
|8 One Hour Sessions||$280||$440|
***All sessions expire 90 days from purchase date.***
Please contact Marlee Rindal, Wellness Director, at 336.882.9622 for additional information.
Programs & Services
The Ragsdale YMCA offers a variety of Wellness Programs and Services like Wellness Center Orientation, Tai Chi, and more!
Pedaling an indoor cycle may change the life of someone with Parkinson’s disease. Research conducted at the Cleveland Clinic showed a 35% reduction in symptoms by the simple act of pedaling a bicycle at a rapid pace – optimally, 80-90 revolutions per minute. Fast pedaling is not a cure for Parkinson’s disease and should not be touted as such, but compelling evidence shows that it does make a real difference for many who try it. We do know that fast-paced cycling is changing the lives of increasing numbers of participants who, before this, had no hope beyond medication and eventually surgery to slow the progression of their disease.
- Improve the quality of life of Parkinson’s disease patients and their caregivers
- Educate patients, caregivers, and the general public about the benefits of maintaining an active lifestyle after a Parkinson’s diagnosis;
- Support research dedicated to prevention and treatment of Parkinson’s disease
Who: Participants must be diagnosed with Idiopathic PD. Participants must also complete and submit a signed consent form and medical clearance, interview with the YMCA Wellness Director, and agree to periodically monitor progress.
When: Classes at the Ragsdale YMCA are held on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9:00am. You must complete the interview and below form before attending your first class.
Cost: This is a free program for participants, both members and non-members.
For more information, contact Marlee Rindal, Ragsdale YMCA Wellness Director at 336.882.9622.
Tae Kwon Do
The Ragsdale YMCA in partnership with the Greensboro Black Belt Academy offers Tae Kwon Do at three locations for children and adults.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA®
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a free program designed for cancer survivors 18 years and older who have become de-conditioned and fatigued from their treatment. Participants receive a FREE 12-week Metro membership and may use the facilities at any time. Participants may bring in a family member who can work out on their own.
Did you know that a 30-minute walk in the water is equivalent to a two-hour walk on land? Water resistance offers an excellent opportunity for muscle toning and body sculpting. Water also cools the body during exercise, which reduces stress on the heart and reduces the risk of injury by lessening the impact on weight-bearing joints, muscles, and bones.
Youth Access Policy
Age Guidelines for Fitness Age 9+
- Age 16 and up may use strength equipment alone
- Age 14-15 may use strength equipment after completing Teen Certification
- Age 13 and up may use cardio alone
- Age 9-12 may use cardio equipment with parent – no weight equipment
- Age 9-13 may do body weight exercises with parent – no weight lifting
Group Exercise Classes
- Age 14 and up may do any class without parental supervision
- Age 9-13 may do cardio (Zumba, cycle, Tabata, Pound, etc.), Pilates, or yoga with parent. For cycle classes, the child must be big enough to fit on cycle properly and parent must be on the bike immediately next to the child’s bike.