Pool closes at 9:00 pm
For more information contact Justine Intiso, Ragsdale Aquatics Director, at 336.882.9622.
The Ragsdale YMCA offers group swim lessons all year-round, with classes available for all persons ages 6 months and up!
- Each 2-week Mon/Wed or T/TH Session Costs $48 Members or $80 for Potential Members.
- Each 3-week Mon/Wed or T/TH Session Costs $36 Members or $60 for Potential Members.
- Each 4-week Mon/Wed or T/TH Session Costs $48 Members or $80 for Potential Members.
- Each 6-week Saturday Session Costs $36 Members or $60 for Potential Members.
Weekday 2-Week Sessions
June Mon-Thurs: 6/17-6/27 Registration: 5/2-6/4
July Mon-Thurs: 7/8-7/18 Registration: 6/5-7/3
July Mon-Thurs: 7/22-8/1 Registration: 6/5-7/19
August Mon-Thurs: 8/5-8/15 Registration: 7/8-8/2
Weekday 3-Week Sessions
July M/W: 7/8-7/24 Registration: 6/5-7/3
July T/TH: 7/9-7/23 Registration: 6/5-7/3
August M/W: 8/5-8/21 Registration: 7/8-7/31
August T/TH: 7/9-7/23 Registration: 7/8-7/31
Weekday 4-Week Sessions
May M/W: 4/29-5/22 Registration: 4/3-4/24
May T/TH: 4/30-5/21 Registration: 4/3-4/24
June M/W: 6/3-6/26 Registration: 5/2-5/29
June T/TH: 6/4-6/27 Registration: 5/2-5/29
Saturday Classes 6-week Sessions
Saturday A: 5/18-6/29 Registration: 4/3-5/14 Session: 6-Week
Saturday B: 7/13-8/17 Registration: 6/5-7/9 Session: 6-Week
Saturday C*: 8/24-10/5 Registration: 7/8-8/20 Session: 6-Week
*No Classes on Saturday, May 25th or August 31st.
Contact Justine Intiso, Aquatics Director, for more information.
Diverse Abilities Swim Lessons
In Partner with Autism Speaks, the Ragsdale YMCA will be offering Diverse Abilities Swim Lessons with water safety. The goal of both organizations is to offer water safety and swimming lessons in a safe, inclusive environment for all participants. With the assistance from Autism Speaks, we will be able to not only continue to provide Diverse Abilities Swim Lessons, but offer more opportunities to new participants as well.
The Diverse Abilities Swim Lesson Program will offer basic water safety instruction, introduction to the water, and beginner level swimming skills. There will be a 1:1 teacher-to-student ratio for all classes. These classes are designed for ages 3-18.
Days and Time: Lessons are offered Mon/Wed and T/TH between 4:00pm-7:00pm, and Saturday mornings 9:30am-12: 30pm.
SWIM LESSON SESSIONS AND REGISTRATION DATES:
3 Week Sessions:
March M/W 3/4-3/20
March T/TH 3/5-3/31
April M/W 4/1-4/17
April T/TH 4/2-4/18
6 week Sessions:
Saturday B 2/16-3/23
Saturday C* 3/30-5/11
*No class April 20th
Lessons are offered Mon/Wed and T/TH between 4:00pm-7:00pm, and Saturday mornings 9:30am-12: 30pm.
Cost: Each Session Costs $15; includes all six lessons!
Sponsorship and the above cost, covers the overall costs of lessons. If you have any further questions please contact the Aquatics Director, Justine Intiso, at 336-882-9622.
To Register: All registration is done with the Aquatics Director. IEP or proof of diagnosis is required to enroll in the program. All registration forms will be done at the first lesson.
Lifeguard Training & Certification
YGUARD is a rigorous 40 hour class for ages 16 and up.
During this class, participants will learn life-saving rescue skills for an aquatic environment. Once a participant passes the class, and passes the skills and written test, they will be certified as a YMCA Lifeguard for 2 years and can lifeguard at any YMCA and most other facilities (certification requirements may vary at each location). This certification covers CPR/AED, First Aid, O2, and YGUARD life guard certification.
- A physical competency swim must be completed and passed prior to registration.
- Participants must attend all sessions, pass all written tests with an 80% or better in each section.
- Successfully perform all practical skills.
- Successfully demonstrate the ability to follow the Safe in Six principle.
- Turn in eLearning Certificates on due dates.
- You must complete a swimming prerequisite with Justine Intiso, Ragsdale Aquatics Director.
Cost: $250 for Members or $300 for Potential Members
Your fee covers the certification costs plus the whistle, lanyard, rescue pack and face mask.
- There must be a minimum of 4 participants for us to offer the class.
- Schedule an appointment to complete the physical competency requirements. Once you pass the physical competency requirements you can then register for the class.
*Porpoise club will be offered on Saturday mornings beginning in 2019!
Porpoise Club is a unique swim training program that includes instruction to prepare for competitive swimming, such as stroke improvement, starts & turns, and speed and endurance training. Porpoise Club will be offered monthly on Mondays and Wednesday.
Cost is based on the number of weeks the Monthly session lasts, 3 or 4 weeks.
Each 3-week Monday or Wednesday ONLY session costs $24 Members or $36 for Potential Members.
Each 3-week Mon/Wed session costs $48 Members or $72 for Potential Members.
Each 4-week Monday or Wednesday ONLY session costs $32 for Members or $48 for Potential Members.
Each 4-week Mon/Wed session costs $64 for Members or $96 for potential Members.
Each 6-week Saturday session costs $48 Members or $72 for Potential Members.
Weekday 3-Week Sessions
March M/W: 3/4-3/20 Registration: Closed
March T/TH: 3/5-3/21 Registration: Closed
April M/W: 4/1-4/17 Registration: 3/4-3/27
April T/TH: 4/2-4/18 Registration: 3/4-3/27
Saturday Classes 6-week Sessions
Saturday B*: 2/16-3/23 Registration: Closed; Session: 6-Week
Saturday C*: 3/30-5/11 Registration: Closed; Session: 6-Week
*Online Registration for Saturday Session B will end 1/30.
*No Classes on Saturday, April 20th, during Saturday Session C.
Swim Lesson Rewards
Three consecutive sessions of swim lessons must be completed at the same YMCA to qualify. You can earn $15 off future lessons as long as all classes are registered before 3/31/2019.
Contact Justine Intiso, Aquatics Director, for more information
The Ragsdale YMCA offers Private Swim Lessons year ’round. Though spaces are very limited in the summer months and can not always be accommodated during that time, but the Group Lessons have many spaces and are effective for most children.
Lesson Duration: 30 minutes
- 6 sessions – $120 for members or $180 for non-members
- Price indicated is cost per package.
Registration: Please complete the Private Swim Lesson form and return it to the front desk. Within a week, a swim lesson instructor will contact you to set up your first session.
Did you know that a 30-minute walk in the water is equivalent to a two-hour walk on land? Water resistance offers an excellent opportunity for muscle toning and body sculpting. Water also cools the body during exercise, which reduces stress on the heart and reduces the risk of injury by lessening the impact on weight-bearing joints, muscles, and bones.
- Class schedule and instructors subject to change.
- Water Fitness classes are sold in monthly sessions.
- Payment should made before the 1st of the month and no later than the 5th to be on that month’s roster.
- We do not pro-rate or make up missed classes.
- Classes are 55 minutes.
- Please bring a towel with you, the Y does not provide pool towels, thanks for helping us to be green.
- Water shoes & a water bottle are highly recommended.